Thanks for the reader who passed along this job ad which states: "Fast-paced high-volume law office seeks attorney with 3+ years' experience" for 50k at Boston area firm. In other words: We want to hire a good lawyer willing to work long hours, do stressful work and receive low pay in an expensive city.
Fast-paced high-volume law office seeks attorney with 3+ years' experience.
Must be extremely organized, engaged, patient, responsive, and motivated. Must be able to multi-task, think on your feet, take initiative on unique issues, and take ownership of large caseload. Experience in bankruptcy, foreclosure defense, employment law, or personal injury a plus.
· Ability to professionally and patiently explain legal issues to clients.
· Strong skills in written and verbal communication with clients and opposing parties.
· Experience in client interaction and assisting clients with filing and completing paperwork.
· Excellent research skills including Westlaw, PACER, registries of deeds
· Exceptional writing skills including proper legal formatting, style, grammar, and spelling
· Experience with state and federal litigation, including drafting complaints, motion practice, written and deposition discovery.
· Court appearances at district and federal levels throughout Eastern Massachusetts (must have reliable transportation)
Must have 3+ years experience.
Compensation: $50k salary, medical and dental insurance, vacation, and contingency opportunity.
Location: North of Boston