This job was forwarded by a reader, who states: "Sure it pays, but how much? In addition, the person is cut loose after 18 months to look again for work. Meanwhile, a corporation gets the same work at a heavily discounted price. Hey, ABA, thanks for destroying the legal profession. ABA F U!"
The Law Department is seeking highly motivated recent law graduates to participate in an 18-month fellowship program. As part of this program, the fellows may be rotated 3 or more times during the program to various Law Department divisions, which may include International, Insurance, Investments, or Employee Benefits. The successful candidates will assist attorneys in providing legal advice to internal clients on a daily basis. Responsibilities will include executing legal transactions, securing, preparing, drafting and processing legal documents, undertaking legal research, litigation support, and other special projects. The fellows will work with all levels of employees in both the Law Department and business client departments.
This will be a paid fellowship and fellows will be expected to seek employment outside of the Company at the end of the 18-month program.
• JD and bar admission required
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Excellent verbal and writing skills (writing sample required)
• Strong conceptual thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills required as well as maturity and a professional demeanor
• Forward thinker with risk management perspective and strong ethics
• Ability to multi-task and to effectively interact with all levels of individuals is crucial
Current proficiency in Microsoft Word and Lotus Notes is a necessity