Growing group of real estate and construction companies, with offices in both Detroit in Ann Arbor, MI seeks hands on, energetic, entrepreneurial Attorney to help resolve ongoing & routine legal matters. Companies employ 100 to 200 employees depending on what work is under contract at any one time.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Negotiate loan extensions or loan agreements with banks.
• Close real estate transactions.
• Handle landlord tenant matters, sue tenants, evict tenants.
• Defend companies against lawsuits from vendors, tenants, etc.
• File collection lawsuits against our clients.
• Advise owner of business on how to proceed in financial & legal matters.
Ideal candidate will possess litigation and transactional experience, familiarity with the administrative rules and filing procedures of the Ann Arbor/Detroit area state and federal courts, and must be licensed in the State of Michigan. Position will have sporadic need for services, ideal candidate will have other sources of income.